Unbound 1.7.1 failing on some kvm servers

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue May 29 07:46:36 UTC 2018

Hi Andreas,

On 29/05/18 09:07, A. Schulze via Unbound-users wrote:

> Am 28.05.2018 um 23:01 schrieb James Cloos via Unbound-users:
>>
>> I don't have the configure output; this is debian's compile
> I'll try to recompile the Debian package to catch configure output ...
> @James: which Debian Version?

Here is a patch you can use to fix the problem for him, it calls the
urandom fallback when ENOSYS is returns in _rs_stir().

Hopefully that will alleviate the problems.  The configure output that
would match this patch is one where getentropy is provided by the
system, not arc4random, and that getentropy then returns ENOSYS.

Best regards, Wouter