Unbound 1.6.8 -> 1.7.0: major or minor changes?

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Jul 16 09:00:26 UTC 2018

 Nick Urbanik via Unbound-users writes:

 > Dear Folks,
 >
 > This question is about the version numbering system of unbound.
 >
 > Does the change from 1.6.x to 1.7.x indicate a major change of the
 > software, or is it an incremental change in the way that 1.6.8 was an
 > incremental change from 1.6.7?

It is actually both. Starting with 1.7.x there is support for
authoritative answers. Other then that, is eems pretty stable.

 > We are running 1.6.8 in production.  Should we change to 1.7.3 or should
 > we wait a while till the 1.7.x series settles down further?

Have a look at the Changelog. There might be bugfixes that are
relevant for the way you use unbound.

Regards,

	jaap