can't bind socket: Permission denied for IPv6 (port bellow 1024)

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Tue Jul 3 11:19:06 UTC 2018

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 09:54:02 +0200
"W.C.A. Wijngaards via Unbound-users" <unbound-users at unbound.net> wrote:

> I want to ask to make sure.  Do you have other config with
> outgoing-port-permit or outgoing-port-avoid in the file?  They are
> processed in order they appear.
>
> An inspection of the code and some debug says that <1024 should really
> not be in the list of possibilities, but apparantly it is for you,
> perhaps due to config?
>
> Best regards, Wouter
>

> > my config has:
> > 	outgoing-port-permit: 32768-65535
> > 	outgoing-port-avoid: 0-32767

I can see the similar issue with similar config (which is there btw
because of selinux preventing use of non-dynamic ports.

Jul  3 12:56:28 resolver unbound: [18382:0] error: can't bind socket:
Permission denied for ::
Jul  3 13:56:27 resolver unbound: [18382:0] error: can't bind socket:
Permission denied for 0.0.0.0

But in my log lines there are is no port.

More from my config:

     interface-automatic: no
     outgoing-port-permit: 32768-60999
     outgoing-port-avoid: 0-32767
     ip-transparent: yes

And after these I bind to ip addresses.

    interface: 192.0.2.153
    interface: 2001:DB8::5

Could it be auth-zone not using those outgoing-port-permit and
outoging-port-avoid settings - timing from log looks like it could be
caused by rfc7706 config.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services