Filtered Redirect (captive portal)

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Feb 27 12:45:38 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,

These names: google.co.uk.sant.ox.ac.uk     make me think that you have
written CNAMEs and you did not terminate domain names with a trailing
'.'.  Domain names have to end in a trailing dot; and if you don't, the
zone name is appended to name.  In some cases unbound allows a missing
trailing dot; because zone names are not usually available.  But for,
eg. authority servers and zone files; this is the case.

So it looks like that name is the result of a typo where the trailing
dot is missing from a domain name.

Best regards, Wouter