Unbound Consultation

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 6 20:14:06 UTC 2017

It is not entirely clear from your question, so it may be that your question applies to NSD vs BIND rather than Unbound vs BIND. Note where BIND is a combined recursive server and authoritative server, Unbound is a standalone recursive server, and NSD is a standalone authoritative server.

If your hosting provider is handling the authoritative DNS, then you can use Unbound and python plug-ins to modify the records. You may find a reasonable starting point under "examples" here: http://unbound.net/documentation/pythonmod/index.html. Maybe do something similar to blacklist record manipulation and instead strip excess records.