How to force resolution failure of an unsigned domain

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Apr 3 12:47:45 UTC 2017

Hi Sen Dion,

This is not needed.  Unbound can keep apart unsigned domains and domains
where the crypto fails or is missing.  This is a feature of DNSSEC,
where there is a signature over data that says the domain is unsigned.
So the user can trust the absence of the ad flag (and the data is then
insecure, but we know securely that it could arrive without signatures).

Best regards, Wouter