DHCP question

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:16:40 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Bryan C. Everly via Unbound-users
<unbound-users at unbound.net> wrote:
> 1.  A laptop with the name foo.bar.com asks dhcpd for an IP address
> 2.  The laptop is assigned 192.168.1.50
> 3.  On a second machine on the network, I'd like to ping foo.bar.com
> and get 192.168.1.50 resolved

AFAIK, neither Unbound nor NSD have the facilities to accept dynamic
updates. You would need to use BIND (in packages) instead of the DNS
servers in base if that is necessary for you.
If desired you can create static entries in DNS for particular systems
and have DHCP lookup the address to assign (based on criteria such as
MAC address).