MacOS Sierra vs. unbound?

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Sat Dec 10 20:41:30 UTC 2016

I waited until this week before upgrading from El Capitan to Sierra,
but perhaps that was not quite long enough...  After the upgrade
"unbound" has become unusable, it stops responding under load.
Has anyone been able to build a working unbound for MacOS Sierra?

I tried using the latest libevent from github with the the latest
unbound with no luck.  For now, I've switched to using BIND 9.11.2.

The load in question has unbound doing DNSSEC-validation for parallel
queries (50 to 100 client threads making queries against a loopback
resolver) that search for MX records, and associated A/AAAA/TLSA
records.

Prior to the Sierra upgrade this would run at around 50 domains
per second.  After the upgrade, all the lookups time out.

--
	Viktor.