[Unbound-users] Issue Resolving "packagist.org"

Paul Niemi paul.niemi at tbaytel.com
Tue Jan 6 21:10:27 UTC 2015

Hello,

We are an ISP, and experiencing an issue looking up "packagist.org", with
unbound version 1.4.17 on Debian linux  When we have DNSSEC enabled (our
normal configuration), and make a query for "packagist.org", we get a reply
that it does not exist (NXDOMAIN).  If we disable the DNSSEC, by commenting
the "auto-trust-anchor-file" line in the config, then the query is
successful.  We tried turning up the logging verbosity, but we am not sure
what all is going on in the log.  Does anyone have any insight into what is
going on here, or what I should be looking for in the log?  We have tried
against some other open DNS servers (Google, OpenDNS) and the query is
successful there, as well.  It just seems to be our unbound DNS server with
DNSSEC enabled, that fails.

Thank you,

Paul

--

disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this email by mistake and delete