[Unbound-users] let unbound query other nameservers

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Mon Nov 24 10:17:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

I like to configure unbound to not talk to a nameserver listed in DNS
but to my own.
I don't know the domainnames, but I can tell these domains are hosted
at server ns.example.com for example.

Wish: every time unbound try to query ns1.example.org while resolving
a domain it must not talk to this server
but my server and use my answers.

I tried to add a local-data in unbound.conf

server:
   local-data: "ns.example.com. A 192.168.1.1"

@192.168.1.1 there is a nsd answering the questions in the way I like.

But that does not work. Looks like unbound learn the ip address of the
given label from authoritative answers and use it instead my static
entry.

Is $WISH possible at all?

Thanks,
Andreas