[Unbound-users] DNS64 patch for Unbound

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Jun 29 21:21:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

a few years back Viagenie[4] developed a DNS64 patch [5] for unbound.  In the last couple of years I maintained it and forward ported it privately.  Lately, with FreeBSD temporarily shipping unbound in base, people have asked for that patch and I ended up putting it into a user branch [1][2] and updated it again for a new version [3].  I (or anyone) can easily extract an up-to-date patch and a large junk of that is mainly the regeneration of files from .l/.y.

However I am now facing the question:  is upstream willing to fully integrate this change or should I just drop it into FreeBSD base?  I’d be happy to work with you guys on this.  Just let me know.

/bz