[Unbound-users] Unexpected results - Unbound results don't match external DNS

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 14:11:30 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 9:59 AM, pcl-associates
<patrick at pcl-associates.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the issue is not limited to nslookup.  Here's what I get when
> I run the same dig command you did below.  Evidently something isn't right
> because my results should match yours.  In a separate email, Chris asked if
> I was using this as a forwarder or resolver.  I am using it as an
> authoritative, validating, recursive caching dns server as described here:
> https://calomel.org/unbound_dns.html.

I use my personal setup that way (including DNSSEC), and although I
typically use drill from my Linux box, dig and nslookup also return
the proper results for your query from Unbound. Suggest you simplify
your unbound.conf and use the man page as a guide vs a third party
site.

Chris