[Unbound-users] passing string literals in C++

Karel Slany karel.slany at nic.cz
Mon Jun 17 15:40:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've recently bumped into lots of annoying messages about deprecated
conversion from string constant to 'char*' when I was using libunbound
with C++.

Apparently, functions in <unbound.h> can safely handle const char*
parameters, but they are declared and defined to take char*. This
represents no problem in C. But in C++ string literals are considered
const char*.

If there is no reason for declaring those functions with char* arguments
I would suggest to change the function prototypes to take const char*
arguments. The suggested patch is in the attachment.

Best regards,
K.