[Unbound-users] timeout and transitioning error

Michel Blais michel at targointernet.com
Mon Oct 22 17:40:18 UTC 2012

Hello,

I just installed unbound and now trying it in production after first
local test seem fine.

Now that the're some load on it, we now see several timeout (around 1
every 30 requests) and lot of error in log but can't find this error on
google.

unbound[54539:1] error: transitioning to response state sans response

This was writen in log around 101086 times maybe 30 minutes.

OS is FreeBSD 9.0, net.inet.icmp.icmplim have been raise so dmesg don't
report any error about this. I know this sysctl can affect bind so I
raised it. Unbound version is the one on paquage so 1.4.13

I tryed to start it with -v -d but no error are shown on screen.

config :