[Unbound-users] edns-client-subnet support

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue May 1 11:58:51 UTC 2012

Hi Paul,

> I realise this is still draft but are there any plans to add support for
> edns-client-subnet
> [http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandergaast-edns-client-ip-01] when
> constructing outbound queries to other servers? .. this would also
> require some new config directive etc as well of course.

Yes, this is on our radar. We are in an advanced stage of reviewing how
this can be supported in Unbound and how its development can be funded.

Without going into details: The configuration directives are the trivial
part. The hard part is the special caching, retrieving from that cache
and query aggregation while keeping performance impact for 'regular
queries' low.

Regards,
Yuri Schaeffer