[Unbound-users] Use hostname or fqdn file unbound.conf

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:18:31 UTC 2012

> I use puppet to publish the configuration and have 60 servers dns.

Considering you use Puppet for configuration management, it should be
trivial to use it to create/modify your `unbound.conf' to set
corresponding interface addresses. (FWIW, I'd suggest Puppet's Hiera
from which you obtain external data, or ENC.)

> I wonder how will I tell the developers to add this feature if there
> is a possibility.

The Unbound development team read this list, so don't worry: if they
think it's a good idea, they'll chip in. :-)

> Other applications allow this configuration.

Other applications: yes; most DNS servers: no.

        -JP