[Unbound-users] Can't resolve m.facebook.com

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Sat Feb 11 21:47:19 UTC 2012

On 02/11/2012 07:41 PM, Olafur Gudmundsson wrote:
> Given that the load-balancer in question in non DNS compliant why do
> extra work to work around the brokeness.
> If enough resolvers say broken the load-balancer will get fixed.
>
>     Olafur (who has been arguing this now for 10 years, and we still
> have broken load balancers because resolvers are too accomodating)
If everybody -or the majority- does this, yes, the load balancer will be
fixed. But in this case everybody could resolve m.facebook.com,
including google, opendns and others. Unbound couldn't.
Who's the incompetent? - asks the customer...
And unbound will resolve m.facebook.com. Or unbound will be changed to
bind/google/opendns/you name it, because they work in real world scenarios.

Of course you are right, but the world works the opposite way. :(