[Unbound-users] Unbound periodically stops responding

Will Roberts ironwill42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 00:40:50 UTC 2012

On 04/06/2011 02:06 AM, W.C.A. Wijngaards wrote:
> Well it should respond to the unbound-control utility.  If it does not
> this means it is somehow no longer processing the main loop, or that
> network traffic does not reach it.

To add some resolution to this issue, this is clearly not unbound's
fault. When this situation is triggered I cannot locally ping any of the
IPv4 addresses on the machine, so clearly the communication to unbound
as a DNS lookup or via unbound-control are going to fail. I'm at a loss
as to explain why this happens :)

Regards,
--Will