[Unbound-users] Configuring CNAME for nosslsearch.google.com

Chris Smith fixie at chrissmith.org
Tue Apr 17 15:07:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Tobias Krais <tux-spam at design-to-use.de> wrote:
> Can anyone help me to create a working unbound configuration file?

Looks like you'll need to use a stub zone pointing to an authoritative
server under your control (my example is using 192.168.1.2):
=====================
stub-zone:
        name: "www.google.com"
        stub-addr: 192.168.1.2
=====================

Then set up a zone file for your "authoritative" server with the CNAME
record for www.google.com.

I use NSD but whatever you're using should work fine. You can also set
NSD (or others) up on the same system using either a different
address:
stub-zone:
        name: "www.google.com"
        stub-addr: 127.0.01