[Unbound-users] Installed. Now what?

Alan Pae alanpae at ilkda.com
Sun Apr 8 01:27:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

Sorry if I seem a bit naive on this but what I'm trying to accomplish is
probably harder than it seems.

What I want is from my resolver to use DNSSEC.

So it looks like I need to recompile everything with unbounds library
and probably not use ISC's BIND resolver library.  Is that correct?

Which would be impossible on a closed source operating system.

So I have it installed and it seems to work - kind of:

$ dig .  +dnssec

; <<>> DiG 9.6-ESV-R4-P3 <<>> . +dnssec
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra ad; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 1

but the test web sites both return fail:

http://test.dnssec-or-not.org/ says no as well as:

http://dnssectest.sidn.nl/

So is there any use for me for this utility or was it just a nice
experiment?

Thanks in advance,
alan