[Unbound-users] Can python module handle an answer of DNS query?

Christopher Olah christopherolah.co at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 00:15:03 UTC 2011

You can do this in ldns, but may find it easier to do in ldnsx (
http://oldwww.xelerance.com/ldnsx/html/). Using the convenience function
get_rrs() we can do:

import ldnsx
ip_addr = ldnsx.get_rrs("example.com","A")[0].ip()

Though you'll get an exception if there aren't any A records.

Alternatively, you could not use convenience functions and do:

import ldnsx
res = ldnsx.resolver()
pkt = res.query("example.com","A")
ans = pkt.answer()