[Unbound-users] Requestlist filling ? automatic cleanup ?

Sun Mar 20 13:31:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I don't really understand how the request list flush old and often wrong
queries from the request list. It is said in the man. that
jostle-timeout is triggered when the server is very busy. What defines
'busy' ?

For instance we have often a lot of crappy queries towards
groupinfra.com (see attachment for a dump_requeslist|grep groupinfra)
and they seem to never go away and fill our request list by more than a
half (e.g: 195/375). Could that impact unbound reactivity ?

Note: jostle-timeout is still set to the default (see my config below).

I am asking that because sometimes our unbounds have a random hiccup and
I am wondering if it could be due to this or not. The 'hiccup' is very
hard to debug because it's random (once a month or so) on servers doing
something like 500 to 1500 qps each so increasing the verbosity from 1
to 2 is not really possible :)

Cheers,
Thomas

---