[Unbound-users] multicast address alerts in logs

Michael Watters wattersmt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 01:56:17 UTC 2011

> That's not a multicast address; it's an (unusable) class-E 240/4 address.
>
> Weird to see traffic to it...
>
> Maybe someone has some bad glue?

That's entirely possible.  These servers are handling queries from
thousands of servers and I'm sure that some domains have bad records.

Each server has interface tracking set to automatic and the anycast
IPs are on loopback interfaces.  The messages don't seem to be causing
any problems but I'd like to figure out what's causing them.