[Unbound-users] Responses from pythonmodule back into iterator?

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:18:05 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm playing with the Python module in Unbound 1.4.12 and have replaced
the RR in example2 [1] to read

        msg.answer.append("%s 10 IN CNAME google.com" % qstate.qinfo.qname_str)

Unbound replies to a query thusly:

        dig @127.0.0.1 foo.localdomain any
        ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

        ;; ANSWER SECTION:
        foo.localdomain.        10      IN      CNAME   google.com.

What must I do to instruct the module it should pass that response back
into the iterator to resolve `google.com' to its A RR(set)? Or am I
barking up the wrong tree?

Regards,

        -JP

  [1]: http://www.unbound.net/documentation/pythonmod/examples/example2.html