[Unbound-users] disable cache in libunbound

Mihaly Zachar zmihaly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 23:59:55 UTC 2010

Hi Gents,

I'm planning to write a DNS stress tester tool using libunbound.

Can you guys please clarify followings:

1)
ub_ctx_create() creates a context. If I use ub_resolve_async(), will it
open a new thread / will it fork ?
So the question here is that what happens if I have multiple "pending"
requests in the air ?

2)
Based on the document it is good to keep the context open, because it
does perform internal caching.
When I need to send the queries as fast as I can, always create / delete
the context would not be a good idea I think.

Can I turn off the caching and keep *one* context open for multiple
synced queries (ub_resolve()) ?

Thanks,
Misi