[Unbound-users] NLnet Labs Annual Report and your Support

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jun 29 09:46:48 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We have recently published our annual report. It is available as a PDF at:

http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/annualreports/annualreport2009.pdf

I would like to use this opportunity to ask you for your 'moral support'.

We offer all of our software as open source and most under a BDS license. You can download it, not only from the NLnet Labs website but also through the various OS distributions for which NSD, ldns, and Unbound are packaged. We therefore have little idea who uses our software in production environments and have no direct ties with 'our customers'.

Therefore, we ask you to contact us at users at NLnetLabs.nl and tell us whether you use one of our products in your production environment, what that environment looks like, and maybe even share some praise.

We would like to refer to the fact that your organization is using our products. We will only do that if you explicitly allow us. In all other cases we will keep the information you share with us to ourselves.

In addition to the moral support you can also support us financially. NLnet Labs is a recognized not-for-profit charity foundation that is chartered to develop open-source software and open-standards for the Internet. If you use our software to satisfaction please express that by giving us a donation. For small donations PayPal can be used. For larger and regular donations please contact me.

For more details see: http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/labs/contributors/ or contact users at NLnetLabs.nl

Kind regards,

Olaf Kolkman
Director NLnet Labs.