[Unbound-users] who is using unbound?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Aug 17 17:04:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, hugo hugoo wrote:

> Unbound seems to be a very interesting product but there is a lack of references.

> -  Can people in this mailing list describe the way and where they use Unbound?

We are using unbound inside our DNSX Secure Resolver appliance.

We also operate a public DNSSEC enabled recursive name server for testing
as part of the CIRA .ca testbed deployment on nssec.xelerance.net. Feel free to
use it for testing.

To date (knock on wood) all problems we've seen with our customers related
to enabling additional security features that broke already broken setups.
The DNS hardening features, mostly the result of enabling the additional
queries on glue with broken DNS load balanders and the 0x20 options. But
even those are much less common then we feared. (and one large bank already
fixed their setup after we reported it to them)

Paul