[Unbound-users] Is there any memory leak in unbound?

Tao Ma matao_reg at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Sep 11 03:50:11 UTC 2009

Hi Wouter,thanks very much for your reply.

I tried the method you mentioned,here is the info I got from the log:
debug: cache memory msg=16528 rrset=33040 infra=672 val=24888
This info keeps the same from the start of the unbound(I have only about 5 records in unbound).

I also found the value of mem.total.sbrk printed by "unbound-control stats" keeps growing.The item "mem.total.sbrk" is an estimate of the heap size of unbound in bytes,it is close to the memory used by unbound.

I have a script keeps recording mem.total.sbrk in a file,and found when mem.total.sbrk grew to 2017873920,unbound was killed by system(My server has a 2G memory).

Unbound runs in a Gentoo Linux with 2.6.23 kernel,does the problem relate to the OS?

Thanks & Best regards,
Tao Ma

--- 09年9月10日,周四, W.C.A. Wijngaards <wouter at NLnetLabs.nl> 写道: