[Unbound-users] 2 config files?!

Gabriel Petrescu gabrielescu at gmail.com
Mon May 18 07:20:51 UTC 2009

i did it, here are the results:

root at unbound5:~# unbound -h
usage:  unbound [options]
        start unbound daemon DNS resolver.
-h      this help
-c file config file to read instead of /etc/unbound/unbound.conf
        file format is described in unbound.conf(5).
-d      do not fork into the background.
-v      verbose (more times to increase verbosity)
Version 1.2.1
libevent mini-event-1.2.1, libldns 1.4.0, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007
BSD licensed, see LICENSE in source package for details.
Report bugs to unbound-bugs at nlnetlabs.nl

if you install it manually from sources use the:
/var/lib/unbound/etc/unbound/unbound.conf

i will try to make it work and generate statistics.. I hope it will work

unbound it's a bit confusing... i am trying to make also a tutorial / rule
how to install it on ubuntu for production servers, but at this momment:
- from sources it generates errors;
- from packages, we should use not standard repositories; i hope this will
work..

Gabi