[Unbound-users] reverse lookup stub zone

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat May 16 16:48:01 UTC 2009

On Sat, 16 May 2009, Ihsan Dogan wrote:

> I've set up extra stub zone in my unbound configuration. While the
> forward lookup works fine, the reverse look up does not work.
>
> This is what I've specified in my unbound.conf:
> stub-zone:
> 	name: "42.168.192.in-addr.arpa"
> 	stub-addr: "192.168.42.3"
>
> Do I have to specify the entry for 42.168.192.in-addr.arpa differently
> or did I made some other mistake?

That should work fine. Though I personally like to add trailing dots
everywhere to ensure all the software takes the name as FQDN.

I also have stub-prime: "no" for my zones, but that is the default, so it
should not matter for you.

Are you sure the authoritative nameserver is working? can you try:

dig -t ns 42.168.192.in-addr.arpa. @192.168.42.3

Paul