[Unbound-users] owerwritting implicit AS112 zones

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Feb 28 14:52:42 UTC 2009

And a quick follow-up...

Michael Tokarev wrote:

> []forward-zone (or stub-zone,
> which behaves exactly the same from this point of view) is wrong.
> In my example, built-in zone is 168.192.in-addr.arpa, and I specify
> a sub-zone of it (1.168.192), which should take precedence instead
> of being ignored entirely.

I discovered how to do it.
By adding

   local-zone: "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" transparent

in addition to the forward zone declaration of the
same name, unbound actually starts forwarding requests
as it should.  I think that 'local-zone' line should
be added implicitly here when forward-zone or
stub-zone is configured, and no specific local-zone
of the same name is given.