[Unbound-users] Unbound and Round Robin DNS

Aaron Hopkins lists at die.net
Fri Aug 21 17:53:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Paul Wouters wrote:

> Perhaps Wouter can explain that part, as I am sure some conscious design
> decision has gone into that.

I'm guessing this is the same anti-feature-creep sentiment as why
round-robinning RRs was left out of NSD.  This is unfortunate, because very
few clients bother to use anything but the first IP returned by their
resolver.

> But in 300 seconds, things will change. For me, the list got returned
> the second time as:

This would not be true if cnn.com were served by NSD.  The ordering would by
the same, every time, resulting in at least 3x the load reaching the first
IP in the zone file.

                                     -- Aaron