[Unbound-users] serving stub-zones authoritatively

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Oct 1 15:15:58 UTC 2008

also sprach W.C.A. Wijngaards <wouter at NLnetLabs.nl> [2008.10.01.1652 +0200]:
> No, it does not look like solid theory.  I understand it could be
> useful in practice.  You see, the stub may have returned CNAMEs or
> delegations to other servers.  Unbound would do the additional
> lookups.  Results stored in the cache with a TTL.  Setting AA flag
> for that is not correct.

If any part of the answer is answered from cache or a forward- or
root-server, clear the bit, obviously. But if everything comes from
a stub-zone, there's no reason not to set AA, and there's even no
real reason to cache, is there? I would appreciate not having to
wait for min-TTL to expire to see changes made to my local zone...

--

"if you can dream it, you can do it"
                                                        -- walt disney

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net