[Unbound-users] Unbound fails to stub-zone to localhost

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Oct 1 14:21:07 UTC 2008

also sprach W.C.A. Wijngaards <wouter at NLnetLabs.nl> [2008.10.01.1528 +0200]:
> Unbound will send to the servers named in the NS set in preference to
> the configured 127.0.0.1.   From the below, it could be that the NS set
> is either empty or 192.168.14.1 for example.

It was empty. Good spot. Setting it properly made the whole thing
work.

This is a bit unfortunate, since now my clients are told that
ns.local.zone is 127.0.0.1, which is just wrong.

> This may help you. In svn trunk I recently fixed unbound so that
> you can run with stub-addr: 127.0.0.1 at 10053  with NSD running on
> port 10053 on localhost.   When you use the '@' for port notation
> (in the svn trunk version) the NS record set is not used in
> preference.

I am looking forward to this appearing in a stable release.

Thanks!

--

"the worst part of being old is remembering when you was young."
                                -- alvin straight (the straight story)

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net