[Unbound-users] problem starting the server

Harshath JR harshath.jr at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:47:04 UTC 2008

Hello all

I have compiled unbound 1.0.0 on my computer but I am having problems
figuring out
1) why i am unable to start the server.
when I execute the 'unbound' binary located at /usr/local/sbin I get the
error
[1211546833] unbound[2695:0] error: can't create socket: Address family not
supported by protocol
[1211546833] unbound[2695:0] fatal error: could not open ports

I have root access to the machine, and the command has been executed as root
user.

2) what configuration files need to be in place before starting the server?

Please point me in the right direction

Thanks :)
--
Harshath