[Unbound-users] Performance of Caching Name Servers

蔡述宪 caishuxian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 11:34:03 UTC 2008

Hi Ondřej
    Thank you for your advice. Sorry I'll put on the config file later cause
it's not available now. I want to test the performance of Unbound as a
Cached Name Server and I think a CNS will forward any queries that is not
already in its cache,right? So after I disabled the forwarding how can the
CNS resolve the queries? And I also think the same as you that the queries
may fill the uplevel DNS server's cache. What I actually did is to run
resperf several times first(to make a fair condition for both Unbound and
BIND) to fill the underlying uplevel DNS cache and then do the formal test.
And in my formal test I use BIND first and then Unbound, but still BIND
outperforms Unbound...  Your suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Shuxian